Skip to content

How Can I Find Out the Other Parent’s Income for Child Support?

pasadena child support lawyer

When you are asking the court to award you child support, you file and serve your papers and the other parent is required to give you his or her tax returns, pay check stubs, and Income and Expense Declaration. If he or she is a W-2 employee, it’s usually pretty easy to see exactly what the income is. However, you might have to look carefully for perqs.

If he or she has a business or is self-employed, it can be more difficult to find out their gross earnings. But there are ways of doing this using tools like subpoenas, bank statements, loan applications, tax returns, and hiring a forensic accountant.

For more information, call Amicable Divorce Services at 626-351-1200.

Leave a Reply